Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Oh Happy Birthday!!!

As my birthday approached, I wasn't looking forward to the number coming with it..... I know some might think I have no room to complain, I mean, I was/am only 23.  But my birthday came and went and it was absolutely wonderful, I honesty am humbled at the amount of love that was shown to me.  It meant the world to me and made me actually look forward to this year and wear the new age of 23 proudly.

I like to think that I had a weekend celebration for my birthday.... it started out with a early morning walk followed by a cupcake for breakfast.. yeah chocolate peanut butter cupcake.  It was so worth it, {note to all, I have NO regrets of how much I ate on my birthday.. it was A-LOT}


When I came up to go walking in the morning, the upstairs was decorated with a banner of my name and a streamer.  My little sister Gabby is the official decorator of Birthday's... so in addition to the decorations I received a custom homemade poem/saying from Gabby, yep folks it is an original.


I spent half of my day at work, the lovely girls there thought it was a good idea to suran-wrap my desk, computer, keyboard, phone..etc.  And as time would have it, I needed to check three patients in.  We had bagels for breakfast, chocolate rum cake {my favorite} Cafe Zupas for lunch, then to top it off my oh so cute sister brought me a Jamba Juice.. a tradition done yearly by her.. I heart her so much.


Following a day of "hard work" I went shopping with my Mom, some of the sibs, and Daniella, a foreign exchange student from Germany.. we went to the mall and found all sorts of little lovelies... I even grabbed some navy blue pink polka dot pants and mustard skinny jeans.  PP would be sooooo impressed.

After a few hours of shopping we ventured home where we got some Chin Wah to-go, we ate way to much and were going to burst out the seams.. so we took a small detore to opening some gifts and then even though we still were super full ate marzipan cake.  Which needless to say is the. best. cake. in. THE. world.






Then to top of the birthday weekend, one of my very best friends was married in the Draper Temple.. I literally was with her from sun up to sun down.  From doing her hair, seeing the sealing, helping with decorations, the luncheon, pictures, reception, catching the bouquet {straight up, second one this summer} then cleaning up the reception.  It was exhausting and wonderful, I loved it oh so much.


 It was a wonderful weekend filled with happiness and love and completely joy and sassiness.   Thank you to all who made my birthday so very special, there are to many to name just know I love you and appreciate you being in my life more then anything else.  You have made all the difference.

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute post!! Yay for being 23!! Yay for Elle getting married! Yay yay yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete